| This page is old.|
This page has been marked old because the original creator has decided not to delete it, but rather to leave it alone. Feel free to read on, but be advised that the page is no longer associated with the rest of the wiki's content.
Twist City is a 2008 American computer-animated 3D family comedy film produced by Splash Animation and Rubix Entertainment, directed by Adrian Hancock and produced by Brandon Monroe. The film was released on November 26, 2008 in the United States and stars Justin Berfield as Evan MacClature, a teen raised by human-shaped white clouds who works at an amusement park in the surreal Twist City. When Caesar Applegate (voiced by Jonah Hill) wins a circus contest and receives the Vanilla Soul Crown grand prize, all of the citizens of Twist City become jealous, even Evan's arch-rival Dean Clerk (voiced by Willem Dafoe), who plans on changing the rules of the city maliciously if he gets his hands on it. With the help of a group of unlikely companions including Beefburger Bason (Rob Paulsen), Four-Story Simeon (Hank Azaria), Mr. Pro Moe (Adam Levine), and Nezzer Cray Chicken (Dan Castellaneta), Evan sets out to end Clerk's shenanigans.
The film received mixed to positive reviews from critics and was a box office success, grossing $362 million over a budget of $62 million.
- The teaser trailer was released on May 26, 2008, and was attached to films such as Kung Fu Panda and Wall·E.
- The first theatrical trailer was released on July 18, 2008.
- The second theatrical trailer was released on September 17, 2008.
The film was released on DVD and Blu-ray disc on March 8, 2008.
A video game based on the film was released by Rubix Interactive on Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Wii, Microsoft Windows, and Xbox 360.
The film's original soundtrack and score for the film was released on October 21, 2008 through Rubix Records.
The theme song "O' Clowns" was performed by Ben Folds with background instrumental tracks by the Brian Setzer Orchestra. The original score was composed and conducted by Alvin and the Chipmunks composer Christopher Lennertz.
- O' Clowns - The Brian Setzer Orchestra Feat. Ben Folds
- Downtown Life
- The Competition
- Vanilla Soul
- Cloud Family
- Holiday Flashbacks
- The End of the Day - Spoon
- Magic - Robin Thicke
- Pizzabox Pickup
- We're the New Guys
- Twist City Outskirts
- Send Out the Heart Bandits!
- Time to Face Your Fear
- It's Already Sunset
- Lean on Me - Club Nouveau (from the 1986 album Life, Love & Pain)
- O' Clowns (Reprise) - The Brian Setzer Orchestra Feat. Ben Folds
- Out on the Street
- Show Your Shining Side
- Kayla Control Yourself
- Bigger, Stronger, Safer
- In the Name of Mayor Twitzer
- What About the Citizens?!
- Town Square
- And That's the Story
- Modern Life - Swing Daddy Feat. Sly Violet
- We Got This - The 88